[SGVLUG] National Day of Civic Hacking 6/1-2

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed May 29 07:51:02 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Figured this group might be interested in the National Day of Civic Hacking, which is actually more like National Weekend of Civic Hacking.

This will take place June 1-2, 2013 across the nation.  The goal is to
"use publicly-released data, code, and technology to solve challenges
relevant to our neighborhoods, our cities, our states, and our country."

http://hackforchange.org/

In the L.A. area, it's a 2-day hackathon at the Boyle Heights Technology Youth Center.  There will be exhibitors, food, training, and cash prizes.
http://hackforchange.org/hack-la

I have no connection nor intent to join in, as I'm busy this weekend.  Just thought it would be cool to share.

Lan
PS  Any speakers for the June meeting?