[SGVLUG] Gentoo request!!!

John Kreznar jek at ininx.com
Thu Jun 13 14:47:11 PDT 2013

In a message purporting to be from "Ed Vernon" <ed at agrfx.com> but
lacking a digital signature, it is written:

> I would like the answer to those questions however I think what I am looking
> for is something more of an open discussion on Gentoo install, optimizations
> and troubleshooting, an ongoing dialog with interested people rather than
> ask specific questions in a general way to the group.

Sounds like a description of a gentoo mailing list or USENET newsgroup.
For example, USENET server news.gmane.org [1] has dozens of gentoo
newsgroups, including for example

gmane.linux.gentoo.installer Gentoo installer development and discussion

[1] Here's the head of a list of their newsgroups:

Script started on Mon Feb 15 20:18:52 2010
$ telnet news.gmane.org nntp
Trying 80.91.229.13...
Connected to ger.gmane.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 news.gmane.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.5.1 ready (posting ok)
list newsgroups
 [...]

--
OpenPGP key: http://ininx.com