[SGVLUG] Ubuntu Edge

Martin Engqvist engqvist at caltech.edu
Wed Jul 31 16:35:02 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I wanted to bring to your attention the Ubuntu Indiegogo crowdfunding
campaign aimed at raising money for production of a very high
performance smartphone (the Ubuntu Edge). This phone can double as a
desktop computer when connected to a monitor as it would be running a
full Ubuntu desktop distro. I thought this would be interesting to you
gnu/linux enthusiasts. If you feel, like I do, that supporting open
platforms for smartphones I encourage you to take a look at the campaign
and to consider contributing to it.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge--39

Martin

P.S.
I love the idea behind the Internet-in-a-Box project.