[SGVLUG] SGVHAK meeting Thursday & Linux distro & postgresql suggestions?

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Jul 31 11:47:53 PDT 2013

Hi all,

We will be helping Dave with a computer build and install at the SGVHAK meeting tomorrow at Dave's place in Arcadia.   (There may also be a demo on steelbolt hacking.)

The meeting time will be between 5pm and 9pm at

11711 Clark StreetSuite 108
Arcadia, CA 91006
It is off Peck Road between Lower Azusa and Live Oak. It is two lights south of Live Oak.

I think most of us have a hard time getting there before 5:30pm, though.

We will be installing Linux, of course, but we haven't yet decided on the distro.  The computer wil be a headless server running postgresql.  Dave is not much of a Linux guy, so the distro should be easy to use and maintain.

Please join us if you have the time.  It's always fun to build a computer from scratch.

And please suggest a distro or even a particular ISO to install.  I am planning on downloading a few ISOs tomorrow before the meeting.

Lan