[SGVLUG] When to buy em and when to fold em

Matthew Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 01:32:58 PST 2013

If anyone out there is considering a purchase from MCM Electronics, Pi or
otherwise here is my recent experience.

Placed order 9-1
Order rejected
Had to place 3 calls, got it accepted and billed over three days of work
Order partially shipped and arrived 30 days past the committed date.
Balance of order cancelled

Nearly 4 months later I find a charge on my credit card for the balance of
the order.  I call and confirm it was cancelled and that the charge will be
reversed.

Today the balance of the cancelled (and already replaced) order arrived at
my house.

I am not amused.

Matt

P.S.  If anyone wants a dozen (or fraction thereof) 5V at 1A USB power warts
I'll have them with me at the next SGVHAK and SGVLUG meetings for $5.