[SGVLUG] SSD Settings

Scott Packard spackard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 06:47:50 PST 2013

I thought most of this was discovered then coded to take it into
account in 2009/early 2010.

This looks a little old (i.e. written in 2010):
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:SSD_performance
but, this is current:
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:SSD_discard_%28trim%29_support

Most people found alignment on 4k page boundaries was important, and
fixed it in 2010.
Alignment: http://blog.nuclex-games.com/2009/12/aligning-an-ssd-on-linux/

I have to conclude by saying I was paying attention to all this back
in 2009/10, but I haven't looked at it since.

Regards, Scott