[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting this Thursday: Proxies and Tunnels to Freedom

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Tue Jan 8 23:29:19 PST 2013

Reminder that there is a meeting this Thursday.  Thanks to Junaid, we're back in our old room Downs 107.  (Hopefully, James can update the website with that bit of news; my attempts appear to have failed.)

Michael Starch will be talking about SSH tunnelling and proxies.  If work doesn't eat my brain this week, I'll share the lessons learned from my efforts to root my Nook Simple Touch.

SGVLUG meeting Thur  01/10/2013 7-9PM

http://www.sgvlug.org

TOPIC: Proxies and Tunnels to Freedom
PRESENTER: Michael Starch
LOCATION: Caltech - Downs 107.  The Downs building is across from the tennis

courts on California at Arden.

ABSTRACT:

Since the dawn of the internet, men have tried to restrict the
freedoms of other men. Amongst those bound by the restrictions of the
technocracy, enlightened individuals created technologies to sidestep
the restrictions placed upon them. These technologies, although
effective, remain cryptic to the bound masses of the technologically
illiterate.  What follow is a brief introduction to ssh tunnels and
proxies…

Bio:  Michael Starch was born in the far-frozen Northlands of the
American Midwest.  After being enlightened through a university education
in Computer Engineering he set sail for the warm coasts of the
Californian Southland.  He is currently employed and has yet to die.

Lan