[SGVLUG] Virtual Desktops for Windows

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Feb 13 13:41:17 PST 2013

Given his reference to the software Dexpot, it is obvious that he is looking for  Virtual Desktops or workspaces in this sense:

http://superuser.com/questions/98075/virtual-desktop-manager-for-windows-7

I'm sorry I can't help.  I don't even use Spaces on my Mac.  I solve this problem at work by using multiple monitors hooked up to my Macbook Pro, with each monitor dedicated to a particular task.  Part of this is because I'm usually monitoring servers, so I would rather just occasionally glance at a screen rather than actually switch workspaces.  I like having a screen for my active workspace and a screen for my web browser, in case I need to look up references.

When I only have the laptop screen, I just use Cmd-Tab or Alt-Tab a lot.

Lan