[SGVLUG] Tool gives lowdown on tech salaries

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 23:54:04 PDT 2012

Hi,

Talent competition is high in Silicon Valley, the numbers they
posted here did not greatly surprise me. ( I try to ask each and
every recruiter whom asks me about a position the compensation
range. )

Those numbers may include cash bonuses, but not other benefits.

Thus for the sales related positions the numbers are higher than
the base salary.

I'm guessing in the LA area we are 10-20k lower in some jobs
than the Bay Area. For some positions the delta maybe a bit more.

So for the data in the graphic was rather close to the numbers I
have been seeing.

Anyone notice significant variations on what they have been
seeing in terms of compensation ranges?

thanks
matti

===
On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:33:20 -0700 (PDT), matti <mathew_2000 at yahoo.com>

wrote:
> Tool gives lowdown on tech salaries

http://news.cnet.com/8301-32973_3-57514631-296/help-wanted-$183k-plus-tool-gives-lowdown-on-tech-salaries/

Does this include benefits?  They seem high as country-wide averages if it
doesn't, but maybe I'm out of touch having not held a salaried position in
20 years.  I would note the source seems more interested in publicity than
accuracy though.

On the original blog post the source does mention, down in a comment:

"Most of the positions in the dataset are indeed based in Silicon Valley,
and the tool reflects the intensifying talent war in the Bay Area."

-braddock