[SGVLUG] Tool gives lowdown on tech salaries

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Thu Sep 27 17:59:31 PDT 2012

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:33:20 -0700 (PDT), matti <mathew_2000 at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Tool gives lowdown on tech salaries

http://news.cnet.com/8301-32973_3-57514631-296/help-wanted-$183k-plus-tool-gives-lowdown-on-tech-salaries/

Does this include benefits?  They seem high as country-wide averages if it
doesn't, but maybe I'm out of touch having not held a salaried position in
20 years.  I would note the source seems more interested in publicity than
accuracy though.

On the original blog post the source does mention, down in a comment:

"Most of the positions in the dataset are indeed based in Silicon Valley,
and the tool reflects the intensifying talent war in the Bay Area."

-braddock