[SGVLUG] AT&T vs DSLExtreme offerings

Dustin Laurence dllaurence at dslextreme.com
Sun Sep 23 07:16:52 PDT 2012

On 09/22/2012 11:17 PM, Rod Morison wrote:

> Btw, the nasty thing about AT&T is they adamantly *will not* allow any
> other DSL service to my house to proceed with provisioning. "Possible
> complications associated with delivering our signal" was the most
> technical answer I could ever cajole out of them. I've tried to sneak
> through an eval service twice now, but unless my Covad service is
> cancelled and dark, they will not proceed with install.

Yeah, they bother me constantly to switch, but I'd have a long outage
(seems like they said up to 5-7 days, but I don't really remember)
between killing DSL Extreme and turning on Uverse.  I regard that as
either evil or incompetence on their part, and it doesn't motivate me
strongly to become a customer.

Dustin