[SGVLUG] Raspberry Pi and SSD

Matthew Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 18:54:45 PDT 2012

I used the $29.95 OCZ 60GB SSD

It's like this $25.99 drive, just bigger:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227510

Or this $34.99 60G drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227542

As the Pi only has a USB2 interface any old SSD will do.  If you were
putting this in a USB3 case and connecting it to a fast machine you might
want a higher-performing drive.

The other big difference is in longevity, but for a desktop drive that you
are just playing media off of any again will work fine.  If you are using
it in a data center to back a transactional database you would want a more
modern drive with a better controller and more resilient memory.

Good luck!

Matt