[SGVLUG] Raspberry Pi 50% Performance Boost

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Wed Sep 19 21:18:54 PDT 2012

You probably do not have to reflash. Looking at the latest wheezy image
from raspberrypi.org I see that /etc/apt/sources.list has:

deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib
non-free rpi

If your already using a wheezy based image you could make your
sources.list consistent with that and then try the apt-get dist-update
route. If anything your probably just missing the "contrib" and "rpi"
package locations.

I was using a Raspbian image from before the official raspberrypi.org
one and doing this did not blow up my Pi. Yet.

Clicking through from the blog post I sent earlier:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=17788&p=176847

You can see instructions on how to update the firmware:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install raspberrypi* raspi-config