[SGVLUG] Inside Team Romney's whale of an IT meltdown

DV vindimy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 01:07:52 PST 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Dustin Laurence
<dllaurence at dslextreme.com> wrote:

> On 11/11/2012 10:17 PM, DV wrote:
>
>> Go away, troll.
>

> Funny thing about that.  Anyone who isn't liberal gets such comments
> thrown at them offhandedly, every day, by people who aren't even aware of
> how bigoted they are.  Especially in urban California, which is one of the
> most bigoted places in America outside of a major university. But no one
> even notices or acknowledges it until someone dares to express a contrary
> view--then, all of a sudden, oh we can't be offensive.  Which is code words
> for "we can't criticize the liberal establishment."  The left fancies that
> it gets different rules.
>
> So, regardless of whatever personal intentions you may have behind that
> comment, and in spite of the fact that I'm personally enjoying not listening
> to political talk for a while, I like it when people speak disrespectfully
> of and to the monolith.
>
> Dustin

All right, I'll bite. If any of you don't enjoy flamewars and/or
politics, feel free to skip what's below.

Whoa, now. Conservatives have absolutely no right to call a democratic
state like California bigoted. Not after "black man doens't belong in
White House" slogan they kept chanting after Obama got first elected.
Not after the "rape pregnancy is gift from God" remarks made by your
senators. Not after the war on immigrants and poor that you're waging.
Not after the white male majority that voted for Romney.

I don't know what reality you're living in, Dustin, but to call
California, one of the most diverse and democratic states in the
nation, bigoted, is just mind-blowing. You conservatives truly have
the gift for calling white black and black white.

Lastly, have you seen the article about the distribution of racist
tweets after the election? You can look up the article, but I'll post
the top states here:

Alabama	   8.1
Mississippi	   7.4
Georgia	   3.6
North Dakota	   3.5
Utah	   3.5
Louisiana	   3.3
Tennessee	   3.1
Missouri	   3.0
West Virginia	   2.8

Number of these states that have a conservative majority? Every single
one of them.

--
Best regards, Dmitriy V.