[SGVLUG] New Linux Laptop, Made (assembled?) in US

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed May 23 22:28:47 PDT 2012

For what it's worth, I'm happy with my Asus "Republic of Gaming"
( http://rog.asus.com/ ) i5 laptop with its nvidia gts 360m,
http://kegel.com/linux/asus-g60jx-laptop.html
That's the last of the old school nvidia-only laptops, I fear.
Dunno how well the more recent ones work with Linux,
there was some trouble with hybrid graphics, but I
gather there's some work on that, see
http://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux