[SGVLUG] fyi - "startup la"

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 19:01:35 PDT 2012

Hi

hmmm.. I've been digging thru meetups and noticed a lot of activity in
the Santa Monica area ( "Silicon Beach" )

this one looked interesting..  very interesting to see the massive number of startups out there now.

Startup California and Startup LA are regions of The Startup America Partnership a public private initiative founded by President Obama and former AOL Chairman Steve Case
See www.startupcal.org for more information.
The Startup America Partnership is based on a simple premise: young companies that grow create jobs. As a core American value, entrepreneurship is critical to the country’s long term success and it’s time to step up our game.
GOALS
We have three main goals:
1. Provide valuable resources and connections to help young companies grow
2. Support regional startup ecosystems throughout the country
3. Recognize startups as the drivers of our economy and their founders as American heroes

http://www.meetup.com/StartUpLA/

thanks
matti