[SGVLUG] jobs jobs jobs and the [ job posts -HUP ]

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 17:12:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

I found this to be very interesting.

Numerous companies have repeatedly posted the same position(s) for several months.

In some cases I have interviewed with these companies and
between implicitly told that due to my experience and salary
history that I am "over qualified" and/or that I would not stay long
enough for the salary they are paying.

It's rather interesting that some of these companies are
repeatedly posting their job positions.

It has me wondering:
1) if they are really serious about filling the position, or

2) perhaps the salary they are paying is dramatically off the market
3) if they have unrealistic expectations of finding a perfect candidate.

Anyone have further insight to this?

thanks
matti