[SGVLUG] OT - Gun-shy TSA gets critic booted from Congressional panel

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 14:46:34 PDT 2012

Hi,

I've had the opportunity to meet Bruce and listen to his presentations,
and have always found what he had to say worthy of my time to listen.

With the recent congressional panels which stacked the witnesses w/regards
to the SOPA bill this news has again got me a bit concerned about EFF
related issues with our congress..

----

Gun-shy TSA gets critic booted from Congressional panel

"..

Bruce Schneier, the security expert who coined the term "security theater" to describe the Transportation Security Agency's airport screening procedures, was uninvited from speaking on a Monday Congressional panel at the insistence of the TSA.
.."

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/03/gunshy-tsa-gets-critic-booted-from-congressional-panel.ars

more

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2012/03/congressional_t.html