[SGVLUG] fyi - a few fun conferences coming up

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 17:12:49 PDT 2012

fyi - Here's a few conferences worth mentioning

Code Camp June 23rd & 24th at UC San Diego
( while there are a lot of MS tech related topics,
I've noticed a number of Open Source topics also ;)
http://www.socalcodecamp.com/
( FREE! Well, maybe you'll have to pay for parking/gas.
Checkout the intro to Android programming series, looks like
3 hours of it. ;-)

OS Con 7/16-20 Portland OR
http://www.oscon.com/oscon2012
( I've always enjoyed this conference,.. note

the price is fairly typical.. about $2k for the entire conference )

Black Hat 7/21-26
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-us-12/
( Full Reg = $2200 )

Def Con 7/26-29
http://www.defcon.org/
( $200 for all 4 days! A deal!)

Drupal Camp LA 7/28-29 @UCI

http://2012.drupalcampla.com/
FREE! This is a very good conference, and you'll see
what a great community Drupal has in Southern California.
They've really done a great deal in getting this setup.

Linux Con 8/29-31 San Diego
( note the co-located events )
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon
( a deal! only $500! .. Looks like a lot of
Key Linux related topics at the various
co-located events )

Also, I wanted to encourage you to look at some of the local "meetups" for
other professional meetings you may find interesting. There are actually
quite a lot of them on the Westside.