[SGVLUG] Buying a spool of ethernet wire - cat5e or cat6? Copper or aluminum? Where? How much?

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 11:05:46 PDT 2012

All right! Time for a Cat6 party!!

If the dry wall is not yet up this work will be easy!!
( just remember to protect the wires from dry wall
screws, just like you would with the electrical wiring )

hint any attic work we need to do early in the morning
( lol forget doing any work after 12noon in attics!.. )

if you already have the dry wall up then I would use the following
plastic boxes and cut out the back with a hack saw

http://www.renovation-headquarters.com/receptacle-installation-2.htm

Homedepot also sells low voltage boxes (orange) which will save
you the time of not needing to cut out the back

btw - ganahl had a great deal on a paster kit for $8 recently..
they may still have it. ( large putty knives, roll or mesh tape,
tray to mix paster.. ) I dont see it in their online ad...

http://www.ganahl.com/

if you do not want to break the walls I would get one of these
( maybe not this one per se.. ) Want it long enough to be able to
drill through the stud blocks from below and above.

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/tools-hardware-power-tool-accessories-drill-bits-twist/klein-tools-9-16-in-x-54-in-screw-point-flex-drill-bit-143528.html#.UBgb8rSe6KI

with a strong drill they worked well imho