[SGVLUG] US lagging behind on broadband

Rae Yip rae.yip at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:43:55 PDT 2012

It's not necessarily that those countries will be the first to
innovate bandwidth-heavy applications, but they will certainly be
among the first consumers of applications, such as Gaikai's cloud
gaming, that demand better network performance (both bw and latency).

We already see a fair amount discrepancy in the amount of cloud gamers
in EU vs USA.

-Rae.

Disclaimer: I work for Gaikai.