[SGVLUG] Good Web Host

Michael Starch starchmd at umich.edu
Tue Dec 25 21:01:09 PST 2012

All,

I found a promising company: twnoc.com.tw

What shoud I look for in a host? Is ssh access important? They allow ftp.
Besides this it looks good to my novice experience. Their website is in
Chinese but their people speak english well.

Here is their specs for those interested: http://twnoc.com/linux.htm

Cheers,

-Michael
 I have been using GoDaddy for my in-laws who are in Hong Kong to host
their e-mail for both the Hong Kong office and the Shenzhen office; to hold
a domain name. Originally the small business there was to hire a web
developer to create a website for them.  That has yet to happen.
 Originally they had a Hong Kong host provider who basically held the
domain for ransom when then wanted to change providers.

Hope this helps.

Mic Chow