[SGVLUG] Quick recap of tonight's meeting

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Mon Dec 17 09:29:48 PST 2012

On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 08:42:35 -0800 (PST), Lan Dang <l.dang at ymail.com>
wrote:
> My video is in AVCHD format and chewed up about 7 GB on my SD card.  Let
> me know if you can deal with that or even with MTS files.   I  won't
have
> any time in the next week or so to fuss about video conversions and
> transcoding.

Maybe I can copy it at the next HAK meeting.

> PS If we want to be serious about recording and posting SGVLUG
> presentations to the web, we may need to be more organized and consult
with
> the experts on the mailing list on an appropriate setup to save us this
> pain in the future.

I'm pretty certain that the audio failure comes from operator error - the
mic wasn't turned on.  I had tested it just before the presentation by
recording and playing back and it was working at that time.  Either I
turned it off before handing it to David, or it was accidentally turned off
when David put it on.

I need to devise a way to monitor what the mic is outputting through
headphones so that I can confirm it is working. Any ideas short of building
a small splitter/amp circuit?

I'm still considering recording meetings as just a fun experiment with my
new camera.

-braddock