[SGVLUG] small UPS recommendation?

Matthew Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 10:36:52 PST 2012

Yeah, that was quite an event.  From my professional experience I had
over-sized our UPS to be able to weather an outage for quite a while.  When
the power went out I didn't even realize it at first.  It was eerie to walk
down the block in darkness except for our house blazing away.

We ended up running out of power the next day so I got a 5KW generator and
hooked up all the neighboring houses so we had light, laundry and
refrigeration.  I was worried I had wasted my time doing so until the third
day dragged on...

Sorry to hear you were hit so hard, you should have posted a plea to the
list  ;)

Matt