[SGVLUG] small UPS recommendation?

Michael Shulman michael.shulman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 14:50:28 PST 2012

I don't know about a local supplier for UPS parts,  however I have been
using an APC BR1300LCD for a few years and have good things to say about
it.  I've generally reliably gotten about ten minutes of power on a busy
PC, a large monitor and some home networking equipment.

It looks like the successor to the BR1300LCD is the BR1300G. The battery is
replaceable.

As to the replacement problem, after about four years my battery died and I
replaced it with a part from  RefurbUPS.com for about $50. It was a
positive experience.   Aside from sending instructions for replacing the
battery, they also provide instructions for how to ship back your old
battery for an extra fee using the same box.

--
Regards,
michael.shulman at gmail.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
stupidity.