[SGVLUG] print server recommendations

Dan Buthusiem dan.buthusiem at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:16:25 PDT 2012

I always buy printers with built in wired ethernet, then connect them
through wire or with a wifi bridge (HP WiFi has been terrible for me).

I'd probably build one with an old PC. This way, I wouldn't have to worry
about the server having compatibility issues, and being powerless to be
able to find a downloadable driver. Plus, the servers themselves have
always seemed to need some proprietary software loaded, and it usually
lacks something. Having a full OS as a server makes me feel like I have
some options if something doesn't work out initially.