[SGVLUG] Electrical Tape!! Re: Buying a spool of ethernet wire - cat5e or cat6? Copper or aluminum? Where? How much?

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 15:26:03 PDT 2012

Hi Dan,

--
So, what are good patch panels to buy?

24 port cat 6:
http://www.computercablestore.com/24_Port_CAT6_Rack_Mount_P_PID48062.aspx
24 port F coax:
http://www.computercablestore.com/24_Port_Fully_Loaded_F_Ty_PID49363.aspx
Brackets:
http://www.computercablestore.com/2U_Wall_Mount_Brackets_catID2078.aspx
---

Brackets, you don't really need those.
Last job I just used some wood blocks to make
stand offs. ( we can use 2x4s )

--
> Do you know where you want to mount the wifi routers/aps?
> ( maybe at the stairwell area? )

I might cheat and just plug them in to one of the wall plates
we'll be installing.  For the ground floor service, might try
putting one in the basement instead of on the ground floor.
---

The basement should work really well for the ground floor,
and maybe then one in the attic ( again we need to get power to it )

hmmm, I am guessing if we put one right above the stairwell, either
on the ceiling or maybe even in the attic we maybe able to get
enough coverage for the interior.

thanks
matti