[SGVLUG] Electrical Tape!! Re: Buying a spool of ethernet wire - cat5e or cat6? Copper or aluminum? Where? How much?

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 12:51:27 PDT 2012

Hi,

Building is fun.

I've built 3 data centers, wired 3 old style houses.

If you invite enough of us we'll make a NOC on each level
with redundant feeds ;)

We probably need at least 3 people, and for the attic need
to start at 8am in Aug. The basement we can do any time.

First task is to determine the location of the NOC,
then how to get the lines to the attic,
determine if we have long enough runs of cable

Oh, and you'll need some better screws for us to put up the
telco backer board. ( dry wall screws are great for a lot of things,
but rather weak )

Do you know where you want to mount the wifi routers/aps?
( maybe at the stairwell area? )

thanks
matti