[SGVLUG] Active Directory and linux

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 21:09:33 PDT 2012

Thank Joel!

Here is the setup:

Have a MS Windows Server 2008 R2 from another company which got bought...
originally setup to do email, AD, PDC, DNS etc..
( it is no longer doing email )

since the domain is different, CTO/CIO was looking at replacing it
with a linux AD ...

so my options

1) Make MS Windows Server 2008 R2 into AD, PDC, ...
( and I guess LDAP for the linux clients )

I do not think they have a second MS Server License...
( if they do it would be a win2003 server ) so I am not certain
about being about to setup a secondary domain controller

Setup linux servers to pull login info for users from MS Win2008 server..

2) Setup a linux server as AD/LDAP server...

What do you guys think?

thanks

matti