[SGVLUG] Running MS Access Programs on a Linux Distro?

Dave <3 Ubuntu dave at iheartubuntu.com
Mon Apr 16 11:01:15 PDT 2012

John, Jess, Matti, John, Arthur, and all...

Thanks so much for the outpouring of ideas. I was ultimately hoping to
make an easy no fuss conversion from an MS Access program to something
more open and do most of it myself even though I have a lack of database
programming under my belt. Doesnt seem to be the case. Thankfully I got
to talk to John Kirk at the Ubuntu Hour to open the discussion about
database programming. And afterwards got to spend time with Jess in more
detail.

Since there is no simple snap of the finger way to get this done Im
going to have to put the idea on the back burner for a month or two but
would still like to be in touch with everyone willing so I will contact
John and Jess directly, Thanks guys! I have so many other projects right
now!

I realize the program needs to be converted and I cant do it myself. I
do want to get up to speed and know enough to make simple changes or
debug myself.

One of these days I'll be able to spend time at the LUG. The one time I
made it, there was a great speech by an IT recruiter with tons of
pertinent info. So hope to be more active in the future!

Best, Dave