[SGVLUG] FREE: Inspiron 8200 15" laptop with display issues

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Tue Apr 10 15:36:09 PDT 2012

Hi folks,
I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 15" 1.5GHz CPU, 768 MB RAM, laptop circa 2003
up for grabs free.

This laptop runs but has a serious video issue.  The display will become
corrupted and frozen between 15-60 minutes after power up, although the
laptop continues to run.
The keyboard is a bit touchy, and there are some screws missing from the
case.  I have no idea what state the battery is in, it has not been tested
for 5 years.

Includes a built-in DVD ROM drive, a battery module, a CDROM module, and a
floppy drive module.
Also included is a spare 128MB 200pin SODIMM RAM part.

The hard drive has been removed but I will throw in a blank 6 GB 2.5"
laptop HD with it.

Maybe someone can use this as a headless server or for parts.

This laptop comes with a functional 15" 4:3 aspect black Dell laptop bag.
The zipper on one of the outer compartments is stuck, but the main
compartment is fine.

If you are interested e-mail me and I can give it to you at the SGVLUG
meeting on Thursday, or arrange a time to pick it up from me in South
Pasadena.

-braddock