[SGVLUG] Oh no!

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Sep 12 06:54:13 PDT 2011

I saw some discussion at
  http://lwn.net/Articles/454347/
in which Chris said
"Posted Aug 8, 2011 16:08 UTC (Mon) by masoncl (subscriber, #47138)
It's really just juggling the features I want btrfsck to have with
keeping up with QA and patch review on the kernel bits.
We have a lot of very active development work going on, and while my
all of my R&D time on is fsck, I still need to patch and test the
kernel parts too. I did let a few distractions creep in, such as
redoing the metadata locking in 3.1-rc1, but that was a major
performance bottleneck.
I think f17 is a better choice for Fedora. We're working in parallel
on the fsck and closing off the few remaining performance issues."

No, I don't know him personally, but given how much useful stuff his
group has actually delivered, I'm inclined to believe him.
(And zfs still doesn't have an offline fsck at all, so he's ahead of
them there already.)
- Dan