[SGVLUG] Oh no!

Matthew Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 18:25:16 PDT 2011

http://www.osnews.com/comments/25053

> Btrfs does not yet have a fsck tool that can fix errors. While Btrfs is stable on a stable machine, it is currently possible to corrupt a filesystem irrecoverably if your machine crashes or loses power on disks that don't handle flush requests correctly. This will be fixed when the fsck tool is ready.

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg11954.html

It looks like this has been going on since last November.  The guy
over at Oracle keeps putting the community off.  My FS got corrupted
in a power supply where my UPS battery died.  I have been waiting a
month for this fix, it looks like a lot of people have been waiting
much longer.

Is this the future of Linux courtesy of Oracle?

Matt

--
Matthew Campbell
Storage Solution Consultant