[SGVLUG] Xen

John Kreznar jek at ininx.com
Sun Sep 11 12:54:06 PDT 2011

In a posting purporting to be from Rae Yip <rae.yip at gmail.com> but
lacking a digital signature, it is written:

> And then the real trouble started when Matt tried to find a case that
> accommodated his motherboard and fit a power supply which withstood
> the draw from all his accessories.

The power supply is indeed an issue.  What did you use, Matt?  Does it
have the "8-pin (+12V) Processor Power" connector, which as far as I
know is not part of a normal ATX supply?

The power supply on my Supermicro died in its infancy.  This is the one
blot on otherwise satisfactory product.  There was a painful 9-day
outage while waiting for the "somewhat proprietary" replacement.  I'm
still hunting for a generic spare to have around.  Any ideas?

OpenPGP Key: http://ininx.com
--
 John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550 705961A47CC541AFEF13