[SGVLUG] fwd: another linux sysadmin job ad (Santa Monica)

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Oct 28 19:17:25 PDT 2011

On the off chance anyone's looking...
- Dan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lexi Shoemaker <lexishoemaker at aol.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM
Subject: Senior System Administrator?
To: webmaster at lalugs.org

We’re driving a better way to buy and sell cars. Join us.
Senior Linux System Administrator
Who Are We? TrueCar, Inc. is a revolutionary Internet company with a
mission to reinvent how cars are bought and sold. We’re a bunch of
driven industry leaders, entrepreneurs and technology hotshots, and we
like to play as hard as we work. Located just blocks from the beach in
Santa Monica, CA, our two divisions, Zag and Truecar.com, are currently
growing like crazy and we are looking for energetic new talent.
Why Zag and Truecar? Because we offer an environment full of great
people doing Big Things and we were recently named the 2nd fastest
growing company in LA by the Los Angeles Business Journal as well as
#209 on the 2011 Inc. 500 list of Fastest Growing Companies in America.
Who Are We Looking For? Right now, we’re looking for a Senior Linux
Systems Administrator who will be involved from the design stage
through production troubleshooting, from DNS to networking to
application behavior and ultimately responsible for making sure our
production systems are reliable and perform well.
Responsibilities:
•       Redhat Linux administration, including configuration,
troubleshooting, and automation.

•       Capacity planning, troubleshooting, and monitoring of our
VMware-virtualized Linux systems, EMC SAN, Cisco-based network,
Netscaler load balancers, and Java-based applications.

•       Analysis of complex system behavior, performance, and application
issues.
Requirements:
•       BA/BS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience.

•       experience with Linux/UNIX system administration.

•       IP networking, including the functionality, operating, and failure
modes of networks.

•       Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.

•       Experience in a high-volume or critical production environment with
responsibility for at least 20 Linux/UNIX servers.

•       Ability to handle periodic on-call duty.
We get that this skill set doesn’t come cheap. So of course we offer a
highly competitive salary and a wealth of great benefits including
company equity, 100% paid family medical, dental, vision, and a healthy
401k. Add that to an environment with world class leadership, explosive
growth, passion for fun, and great work.
Still want more? Our ever-evolving, personalized and employee specific
perks like gym reimbursements, referral and patent bonuses and
incentive programs are constantly being re-evaluated to keep our
employees happy and motivated. We’ll listen to what you want and
respond accordingly. That’s our promise.
Excited Yet? Let’s talk it up. Blast over your extraordinary resume,
cover letter, and links to all the spiffy sites you’ve developed to
lexishoemaker at aol.com. We’ll be in touch.