[SGVLUG] Pasadena, CA Ubuntu Hour

I Heart Ubuntu dave at iheartubuntu.com
Sat Mar 19 00:07:15 PDT 2011

Hello everyone! My name is Dave and I am new to the LUG! I hope to make my
first visit in April. I had met a few SGVLUG members at SCaLE9x who invited
me to join the LUG.  I am an Ubuntu user of 5+ years and work hard to
introduce Ubuntu, linux & FOSS to pretty much anyone who will listen :) I am
starting up what is called an "Ubuntu Hour" here in Pasadena. An Ubuntu Hour
is simply people getting together to chat about Ubuntu and linux. We
generally wear something Ubuntu (shirt,pin,etc), run our laptops and give
discs to interested people. We would love to have any LUG members show up
and have a good time. So here is what Ive posted in a few places...

Pasadena, CA Ubuntu Hour
(this is an early alert for next month)

Come on by and meet up for the first Ubuntu Hour location in Pasadena, CA!
We will hold this Ubuntu Hour at Peet's Coffee on the 2nd Thursday of every
month from 6pm to 7pm. Peets is located on the SW corner of Lake Ave &
California Blvd (next to Fresh & Easy).

This Ubuntu Hour coincides with the San Gabriel Valley LUG meetings held at
CalTech from 7-9pm. More info on SGVLUG: http://www.sgvlug.org/

The April Pasadena Ubuntu Hour will be:

When: Thursday, 14 April 2011 from 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Where: Peet's Coffee in Pasadena
605 S Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA 91106

Peet's Coffee has free parking and free wi-fi. I will be wearing something
Ubuntu related and have my laptop with me. Looks like we have approx 4
people so far.

Hope to see you there! Full details here:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/778/detail/

more info please contact: dave at iheartubuntu.com