[SGVLUG] GoFlex Net Presentation Description for July 2011 Meeting

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Mon Jun 13 22:45:27 PDT 2011

I plan to give a presentation next month about how I used the GoFlex Net
with some amateur radio gear to set up an APRS fill-in digipeater.

APRS is a amateur radio network where small packets of data such as
position reports, messages or telemetry are transmitted to other radio
operators and eventually propagated to the Internet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_Packet_Reporting_System

Using some surplus radio equipment that was just gathering dust, I set
up a APRS station that will listen for packets and relay them to the
Internet as well as repeat any packets that may be missed by digipeaters
with greater geographic coverage.