[SGVLUG] SOPA Workarounds?

Arthur Baldwin eengnerd at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 16:33:32 PST 2011

I'm hesitant to mention this because it's a lot of work...and it's only a temporary solution...but seems to me like the first "backup" plan stage should be to backup the DNS information for all currently existing sites before they get removed and those removals get spawned to the other DNS servers.  The second step would be to get a DNS related system in place to record unlisted IP's and any visible "unofficial domains" visible at those addresses.  Then make that information available to other users by allowing them to "point" to that set of "unofficial DNS servers".

It is similar to what happened on ordinary paper when the Inquisition tried to stop the translation of the Bible...and failed.