[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Digest, Vol 328, Issue 1

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Fri Dec 2 15:18:18 PST 2011

> From: James McDuffie <mcduffie at pitfall.org>
> Are you still enjoying Unity? I tried it for quite awhile and tried to
> give it a chance. I just found that Unity reduced my productivity

I have to confess that I haven't used Unity for heavy development yet.
I'm used to the Awesome tiling WM, so I really don't ask much of a desktop
except to give me a split screen, full screen, and virtual desktops.  Unity
seems to do that pretty well, and made GUI application launches easier -
although I am annoyed by the alt-tab window switching behavior when I have
multiple terminals open.  I've been using it primarily on my netbook.

I'm waiting for 12.04 LTS so I can upgrade all my linux boxes and laptop
to a unity-capable Ubuntu release.

-braddock