[SGVLUG] open source manufacturing - Learning python & Free mugs

Bruce Williams williams.bruce at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 14:43:40 PDT 2011

Have you thought about 3D printing? It would seen to fit an Open
Source manufacturing idea because it is design work that can be shared
and the actual fabrication shopped out.

Google "3D printing" for places that will print for you.

BTW - A friend who works for JPL planning future Deep Space manned
missions says they are serious about sending a 3D printer and
feed-stock rather than parts and spare parts and spare spare parts on
missions...

Bruce Williams
Concepts, like individuals, have their histories and are just as incapable
of withstanding the ravages of time as are individuals.

But in and through all this they retain a kind of homesickness
for the scenes of their childhood.

Soren Kierkegaard