[SGVLUG] webcams, spying, and lawyers

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 09:50:49 PDT 2011

hey, last nights meeting was really good!
HOPE you joined us there. Speaking about Defcon
type topics..

The following is getting to be an interesting story

Awhile back there was the report of a gay student
committing suicide due to his roommate spying on
his encounters and the resulting feelings of harassment.

The prosecution picked up the case, and it is now
some interesting details have come up.

The defense has presented sms evidence to show
the defendant was not acting with malicious intent..

more:
http://news.yahoo.com/lawyer-nj-student-didnt-mean-spy-roommate-235058501.html

NOW, the parts that really are interesting from our
view point is the issues of privacy and proliferation
of webcams. It's really just a question of time when
we'll be seeing each other on "funny-stupid-americans.cn"
or something picking our nosees in our dirty PJs while
readying email. ( or worse! lol.. one day we will be
voting for a president whose drunk college pictures are
posted online. )

hmmm.. I'm expecting to see a lot more work for lawyers...
and PR people. ( or reality stars making more porn to
advance their careers and pretend they were spied on )

enjoy
matti