[SGVLUG] boot drive what size??

Rae Yip rae.yip at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 22:24:50 PDT 2011

You might also consider booting off a flash drive. Since you don't
need a lot of storage for /boot, the flash drive can be relatively
small, and fairly fast. It has no moving parts, so it shouldn't fail
for a long time if you don't write very often to it.

If you really want to store all non-data files on the boot drive as
well, then a larger flash drive could do the job (but would of course
be pricier).

-Rae.