[SGVLUG] can't change context root

Julie tearsea88 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 17:47:44 PDT 2010

Hi there!

I'm really about to pull my hair out and bang my head on the table.  I don't
understand this and hope maybe one of you Java guru can help me out here.

I installed Glassfish Tools Bundle for Eclipse v1.1 on my Mac mini last year and
created multiple dynamic web projects with a different context root as my
Dynamic Web project name, with EJB3, servlet, the whole nine yards.  No problem.

Then I installed Glassfish Tools Bundle for Eclipse v1.2, GAE, updates, etc...

Now, I can't run anything if the context root is not the default value.  IE:

If I create a new Dynamic web project named "test", it will only run my
helloworld.jsp under http://localhost:8082/test/helloworld.jsp.  If I go into
the project and change the context root to "testme", I'll get something like:

"file not found" on
/Users/me/Desktop/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.sun.enter
prise.jst.server.sunappsrv91/v2domain2/docroot/testme/helloworld.jsp

where "/Users/me/Desktop/workspace" is my defined workspace for Glassfish.

I even tried to delete everything and install a fresh install of v1.1.  I'm
still getting the same problem.  HELP!!  Is it a setting somewhere that I need
to configure or..?  I don't know what to do!

OS:  Mac OSX 10.5.8
JRE doesn't seem to matter but I been using 1.5 (with Java 5) and 1.6 (with Java
6) during my testing.

Much thanks in advance on any help.

Julie