[SGVLUG] Droid phone recommendations

Julie tearsea88 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 01:03:35 PDT 2010

Hi,

The first 2 aren't phones.

Looks like you're targetting Verizon as your new carrier?  My suggestion would
be to test out the devices in the store to see how you actually like the phone.
 I'm a pretty picky cellphone person and if the device feels too bulky and/or
cheap, that's out.

Next, mark down which phone you like from the physical test and read up on the
reviews.  The reviews (whether its from verizon.com customer reviews or CNET
tech review) been pretty good and accurate online.  CNET gives out excellent,
detailed reviews.

Good luck!  Not sure how urgent you'll need a phone but you can also ask the
sales rep. at the store when the next batch of new phones will be in.  I tend to
like HTC's Android phone.  The new Sprint EVO 4G (Droid on a HTC) phone seems
really slick and a close contender to the iPhone - unless of course, you had a
problem with the phone and not the service.  I have yet to find someone who
actually dislike the phone more than the service provider.

FYI, iPhone coming to Verizon - the latest rumor is Jan. 2011.  But I been
hoping for it for 2 yrs. already.  I won't bet money on it.