[SGVLUG] Test Engineer - network appliance (Python/Shell scripting) - full-time position

Kathy Magel kathy.magel at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 18 09:55:01 PDT 2009

Great opportunity to join a small company that's developing acceleration technology for transfer of large files across the internet.  The team is comprised of professionals who are passionate about their technology and what it can do for the future of the Internet.

Test Engineer (full-time position) with solid background in
networking/appliance testing and experience in scripting and/or
programming (C, Shell, Python). This position requires significant
programming/scripting to extend our automated tests and develop new
testing harnesses.

Responsibilities:
* Develop and extend the regression, functional, and performance
test plans and automation for our products, in both white box and black
box testing
* Identify, setup, test, and troubleshoot various permutations of software/hardware/network configurations
* Develop tools, scripts, and programs to implement test automation
* Execute process/systems for quick identification, logging and tracking bugs and performance issues

Qualifications:
* BS in Computer Science or Engineering
* Strong experience with scripting, including Shell and Python in Linux environment
* Experience/knowledge with TCP/IP and networking protocols is mandatory
* Experience with configuring/managing/automating common network
services and applications such as web, ftp, firewall, http proxy &
caching
* Experience with performance testing ( with both commercial tools and open-source tools)
* Experience with unit-testing & unit-testing framework
* Proficient written communication and documentation skills

Excellent compensation + employee benefits package.

I appreciate any help or suggestions you can provide.

Thank you.

 Kathy Magel
(626) 419-0099 (cell)