[SGVLUG] Network management tools

Joel Witherspoon joel.witherspoon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 06:28:58 PDT 2009

Thanks Stan,

I was looking at SPLUNK as well.

To answer your question, no district has to buy computers from Intellitech.
The state of California has three contracts which allow public agencies to
buy computers with either steep discounts or additional services. The
contracts are CMAS, WSCA and the Glendale Contract. I believe Intellitech
works with the Glendale Contract. We moved from Intellitech to Dell about
three years ago. Dell offered us similar service for less price. Dell works
with CMAS and WSCA. Every school district falls under those contracts.
School districts can also try CDWG who carry a greater variety of products
with third-party service.

One thing you have to have with a school district is quality products and
service. Chances are a school district won't have a large staff and enough
resources to properly sustain systems. If you buy at Fry's the quality is
questionable and the service is non-existent; you're just asking for
problems.

If you are looking for work, here's a couple of sites that may help
http://www.edjoin.org , http://www.socalherc.org/home/index.cfm?site_id=761

--
Joel Witherspoon

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jcwitherspoon