[SGVLUG] DDOS attack vs Boycott Novell and Dell System Deal

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 14:26:55 PDT 2009

Wow, I'm curious whom would be attacking...

"Boycott Novell is one opinionated site. If you think I'm pro-Linux and hard on Microsoft, you haven't been reading Roy Schestowitz, who makes me look as mild as a May day. Boycott Novell, which was founded in 2006 in reaction to Novell's partnership with Microsoft, is very popular with about a million hits per month, but it's also made enemies. [...]"

http://blogs.computerworld.com/burying_the_truth_boycott_novell_hit_by_denial_of_service_attack

also, noticed this Dell system deal
( it should handle linux week, just remember
with the low profile cases if you want better
video you will need a low profile card, and
I don't think you can add another HD. )

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/20961/Dell-SB-Vostro-220S-Slim-Desktop-23-Samsung-1080p-LCD--Intel-Core-2-Duo-E7400-2-8GHz--2GB-DDR2--160GB-HDD--DVDROM--Vista-Home-Basic-434

Dell SB Vostro 220S Slim Desktop: 23" Samsung 1080p LCD, Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, DVDROM, Vista Home Basic $434
[ replace Vista.. ]

best
matti