[SGVLUG] Still shopping for school computers

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat May 16 08:42:34 PDT 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 7:37 AM, John E. Kreznar <jek at ininx.com> wrote:
> Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> supposedly wrote:
>
>>> Have you tried the argument that software that students are forbidden
>>> to read has no place in a school?
>
>> Remember, these guys all love Macs and PCs, and arguments like that
>> are kind of in-your-face.  So an argument like that is a bit too
>> confrontational for me.
>
> So how could it be softened without sacrificing its essential truth?

Easy: I remember that there are many more important questions
in life, and act accordingly.

When every issue becomes a life-or-death top priority jihad,
life becomes argumentative and polarized.  It's important to
maintain a sense of harmony with your peers, even if they
disagree with you on Very Important Issues.

I feel strongly about many other issues, e.g. abortion rights, pollution,
human rights, cults, MLMs, and animal control.  My life would be a living
hell if I tried to push all of them all the time, and so would that of everyone
around me.
- Dan