[SGVLUG] Still shopping for school computers

Joel Witherspoon joel.witherspoon at gmail.com
Sat May 16 07:12:23 PDT 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 3:24 AM, John E. Kreznar <jek at ininx.com> wrote:

Dan,

Rule of thumb with schools: if you can move it, you'll be replacing it
within a year. Hopefully, your private school sets aside a portion of funds
for replacement of equipment. Kids break stuff...easily. Ordering a few
extra is not a bad idea.

We've saved money in some our classrooms through the use of N-computing
boxes (http://www.ncomputing.com/). If you are going to have pods (four or
more) computers in each classroom, you are looking at spending about $2000
per room. With the Ncomputing box, you buy one computer and the Ncomputing
kit and three or five monitors for about $1000 per room. Not to mention, you
save money on buying tables and you save money on power consumption.

--
Joel Witherspoon

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1016303329&ref=name