[SGVLUG] Shared Storage Woes

Matt Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Mon May 11 15:18:30 PDT 2009

Hi Solomon,

Common SAN Physical Connections:
    * Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP),
    * ATA over Ethernet (AoE),
    * Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE),
    * mapping of FICON over FC,
    * HyperSCSI, mapping of SCSI over Ethernet,
    * iFCP[1] or SANoIP[2] mapping of FCP over IP
    * iSCSI Extensions for RDMA (iSER), mapping of iSCSI over InfiniBand
    * iSCSI, mapping of SCSI over TCP/IP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storage_area_network

Some common multi-threaded file systems:
    * Veritas Cluster File System
    * Xsan
    * Global File System
    * Oracle Cluster File System